Tuesday, November 8, 2011

First OB Appt

Today was our first check up at the OB's office. I just met with the nurse practitioner, Brandy, who I love. I was so glad to hear that she came back from maternity leave this week! She did a quick exam, took some cultures, and we talked. She said my uterus is growing right on track, and gave me a due date of June 20th. I asked about the fact that I haven't been very sick this time around and she said that it's because a lot of the hormones are still in my body from the last pregnancy. It makes for an easier transition. Yay!

I got orders for an ultrasound (scheduled for Thursday) and for blood work. After the appointment we went downstairs to the lab. I knew this would not end well, so I made extra special sure that E would be there with me. So, they poked me and no blood would come out. She had to use a different type of needle (or something? I wasn't looking so I wouldn't pass out). I was doing good for a while, but they somewhere around 7 vials and by the 5th one, I was not holding up too well. It was a struggle to stay concious, but I did.

The ladies were fantastic and they brought me cold towels for my forehead and my neck and let me sit there as long as I needed to. I started to feel sick and ended up throwing up in their trash can. Once I felt good enough to stand, they had E walk me out to the waiting room until I got my color back. I'm told that I was actually GREEN. Lovely.

I lost it again on the car ride home, but I was prepared. I've done this before, I had my trusty plastic cup waiting for me. We stopped for a smoothie to get some food back in me. We got home and E waited on me hand and foot... made me lunch, washed bottles, took care of A. It was awesome to be able to just lounge on the couch and recover!

1 comment: