Sunday, April 10, 2016

Hello, Isla's Room

Now that Isla is 6 months old, we thought it was about time to get her room done. She's been rooming with us since we brought her home, mostly because we didn't have an extra bedroom at the time. We recently moved to a house that allowed us to finally give her her own room

The theme is coral, aqua, and gold, with nature/woodland creatures as well as hints of her heritage. This design was inspired by the quilt that is hanging over her crib.


I took features from the quilt and incorporated them into the wall art (with some family photos in there as well):


One of my favorite things in the room is this adorable mushroom night light. It is also a speaker you can hook up to an mp3 player.


I originally made a mobile, but I found and fell in love with this Gaelic looking one instead.

  

I bought a sewing machine and made many of the textiles for the room. The crib skirt, throw pillow, change pad cover, and blanket were all made by me. I also made a couple pillowcases for when she gets older.

Here is the finished product:

 

  

 I think she likes it!


No comments:

Post a Comment