Saturday, August 9, 2014

Hello, Kelty

My sister is a huge advocate of baby-wearing and recently sent me a "why don't you try it again?" email. I did look into it when we found out we were moving here but pushed it out of my mind. We went on a hike when we first got here and both kids did surprisingly well, but we did have to go awfully slow just so everyone could keep up. I want the kids to enjoy hiking on foot, but I also want to do "grown up" hikes for fitness. Both of my kids are large for their age so I knew we'd need something that could hold a lot of weight. That meant that soft carriers were out and frame carriers were in. Only one problem - they cost a fortune! After TONS of research and price stalking, I managed to find an "open box" unit on Amazon for $150. So I did a million surveys and saved up my gift cards and bought a Kelty Tour.



I tried it out right away and both kids were super excited to be in it. It has a 40 lb weight limit so Adrianna can fit in it, but JUST barely. We took it out for a real test the very next day and Natalie had a blast.


We can't wait to take it on more hikes!

2 comments:

  1. Yayyyyyyy!! So glad you all liked it! How did Adrianna get so big?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited that I got to give some helpful mommy advice because usually I am getting it from you!

    ReplyDelete