Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Hello, New Room(s)

We've lived here for 6 weeks now and the girls' room is finally complete! Wohoo!

My biggest challenge with designing their room was finding bedding. I didn't want anything that was too baby-ish, but all of the toddler bedding I found was for twin size beds. Adrianna's bed still uses a crib mattress and Natalie is still in a crib so that just wasn't going to work. After A LOT of searching (and I mean a lot... like 10+ hours) I finally decided to go the custom route.

I bought toddler size duvet inserts from PBK and then ordered fabric online. I found a fellow military spouse here who sews and had her make a couple of duvet covers and pillow cases for me. There was some extra fabric so she also whipped up a couple matching curtain ties.


Adrianna's bed:



Natalie's crib:


 

I also ordered these awesome decals and garland from Etsy. They were quite the project to put up, but I absolutely love them.


The girls love their room too, which is the most important thing!



Some of the textiles I used:


And the little details:


Also, them sharing a bedroom means that they also got a new playroom out of it:

Play room complete with crafting table and play kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment