Saturday, July 26, 2014

Hello, Zaycon

This morning we picked up FORTY pounds of lean ground beef from a company called Zaycon Foods. They hold "events" where you place your order ahead of time and then you drive to a set location at the event time and they put the box of meat right in your trunk. I can't imagine having to carry 40lbs of meat to the car while wrangling both kids so it really is an awesome thing they have going on. I've been a customer of theirs for a while now and in the past I've only bought their chicken breasts, which are an AMAZING deal by the way, but decided to try their ground beef. It did not disappoint.

Here's what it looks like when you get it:

Four 10 pound chubs

We cut each chub into 6 pieces, weighing just over 1.5 lbs each.


Fresh 93/7 lean beef

Then we bagged and froze them (don't forget to label with the date!)


We set one bag aside and made dinner with it. Our tacos were fab! If you have room for bulk meat, Zaycon is definitely the way to go!

1 comment:

  1. Wowzers! I've never seen so much meat! Sounds awesome. Yummy tacos! I love making chili when the cold weather comes- beef with beans and tomatoes- SOOO good! I can tell you my recipe if you like chili. If you don't like chili, you'll like my chili :-)

    ReplyDelete