Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Hello, Time Crunch

Here we are, just a mere 10 days until the movers come and pack up our house to haul it all away. Things are crazy around here but we're also super excited at the same time. I know I haven't done an update on just the kids lately, but don't worry, they'll be back... in July.

Whenever I say how hectic it is everyone asks how packing is going and then seem a little let down when I tell them that the Army is doing that for us. It's almost as if they're wondering what exactly I'm doing that is so time consuming. There is A LOT to moving, especially when we only have one car and also there are several things I cannot do because I'm not the Service Member. Each day I chip away little by little at my to-do list, just one or two things that I can squeeze in between naps or that little amount of time where the car is at home but businesses in town aren't closed yet (in the South places tend to close at 5 and aren't open at all on Sundays). Hubby also has his own Army-related to-do list, which is a headache in itself.

Examples of some of the things I'm doing to prep: getting copies of medical records, setting up and cancelling utilities, patching nail holes in the walls,
Touching up the bed frame we never finished painting a year ago (before we move and can't bring the paint with us)
Loading movies onto my tablet so the kids will stayed entertained on our THREE days of 8-hour drives

Sadly, after the movers come we will still be stuck in Georgia for an additional week while the husband finishes jumping through the required hoops. Once that is all done with we will be on our way. A month from now we'll be in our new place, and hopefully by then, reunited with our belongings.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, yes- we know the 90% finished projects all too well!
    Good luck wrapping it all up!

    ReplyDelete