I had full intentions of doing an Easter update on here, but I have been so scattered-brained lately. We've known for 6+ months now that we'd be moving this summer, but I always shoved it to the back of my mind because we didn't have a set date and I also didn't want to get my heart/mind set in Colorado while still living here. The other night I was laying in bed trying to fall asleep when I decided to count out the weeks until our move. Six. SIX WEEKS until we get in the car and drive away. Know what that means? FIVE WEEKS until the movers come and take our stuff. What the beeeeeeeeeeeeep! It feels like we went from "we're moving this year" to "OMG we're moving next month" over night.
The morning after my realization, I started a to-do list, which is now up to a full Microsoft Word page long. I also immediately started "The Purge". The Purge is that nagging feeling you get when you're about to move and suddenly you hate everything in your house and want to get rid of it. We donated a full car load of stuff and have plans to get rid of probably another car load more. I have no idea where we're going to end up and what we'll have room for, so a lot of stuff is getting the axe. We move almost every year so I figure it's safe to lose anything we haven't touched since we've been in this house. For example, that green shirt I've been holding onto for three and a half years, just in case I suddenly need a shirt that specific color.
Don't worry, I'm distracted enough (yet!) to cause the Easter bunny to forget to come. He came...
And my little goobers rejoiced.



I love purging! Call me sometime so I can hear about how you are doing!
ReplyDelete