Monday, October 19, 2015

Hello, Baby... Isla's Birth Story

It all started very early in the morning of October 8th. I was having regular contractions and based on previous labors we knew things would move quickly. We dropped off the girls at their sitter's house at around 5am and headed for the hospital. I checked into L&D at 5:30am and was 3cm, 50% effaced and having contractions every 5 mins. Baby was head down, but still very high up. We started pitocin at 6:15am to get things moving along.

My doctor works next door to the hospital so he came by at about 8am to see how things were going. I was contracting every couple mins but still at 3cm. He thought breaking my water would help move things along, and I agreed (Natalie was born almost immediately after my water was broke so I figured this baby would likely be the same). I wasn't in pain yet but decided to get the epidural first knowing things would probably go quickly from there on out.

By 9am I had my epidural and water was broken. Hubby and I grabbed a power nap while we waited for progress. Nurse came in to check me at 9:55am and I was complete. Dr was called to come right over for delivery. Everything was set up in a hurry. Two pushes and Miss Isla Kate was born at 10:14am. She weighed 7lbs 4oz and was 19.25 inches long. She is absolutely perfect.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks and glad to see HCB is back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TWO PUSHES??? Come on. Congrats! Sounds easy peasy!
    Glad to know that it just gets easier. hahaha

    ReplyDelete