"By their second kid, every mom's an expert... and more likely to choose Luvs"
While I don't describe myself as an expert, persay, I have definitely learned a lot. One of the most important things I have learned is to try things - even if you think they won't work.
After an unfortunate series of trial and error with diapers for Adrianna, we eventually chose one brand/style and stuck with it. Once Natalie was born we continued to buy the same style for her, until now. During a recent trip to Target I found a huge stack of Luvs boxes on clearance. I could not believe my eyes! They were $11 for an entire case. My wallet was saying BUY THEM, but my head was retelling the horror stories I had read online about Luvs and leaks. Luckily, my husband was also there to weigh in and tell me to BUY THEM.
We got them home and upon opening the package I could not tell the difference between them and the Pampers Baby Dry diapers we had been using (note: Pampers and Luvs are made by the same company with Pampers being "premium" brand). We have been using them since that day without incident and have recently switched Adrianna as well.
Here is a price comparison across the brands (size 4 diapers from Amazon):
Luvs - 15 cents each
Pampers Cruisers - 23 cents each
Huggies Little Movers - 23 cents each
That may not look like much, but it is equal to about $1,000 in savings from birth until potty training. Wow!
Lesson Learned: Don't discredit anything without trying it first!
I will leave you with one last Luvs commercial because it's funny and SO true...

No comments:
Post a Comment