Miss Natalie saw a pediatric eye specialist today. We have been trying to get her in to see someone for 9 months now. The place that we were referred to in Georgia were super backed up and didn't have any available appointments until the week before we moved. We decided not to go see them because we had a feeling this would be an ongoing thing and wanted to start and follow up with the same doctor. Once we got here we received a new referral from her new pediatrician and finally got her checked out today.
We were there because her eyes are a bit lazy and tend to turn in to her nose. I don't really talk about it much because I don't want that to be what people think of or look for/at when they see her. I want them to look at her and see HER, not her faults.
Over the last 9 months I've had lots of time to Google, but not Google TOO MUCH (so as not to freak myself out), what they would probably tell us. I'm glad I did this because I feel like my expectations were set at the right level going in. The doctor performed several tests, including dilating her eyes (poor kid), and gave her a diagnosis of esotropia. She is getting glasses and we will follow up in two months to see where we will go from there. She may or may not need surgery. My personal opinion is that she probably will. It would be an outpatient procedure done right in the office and only take about an hour. If she gets the surgery, she will still need glasses afterward as the surgery would be to correct her muscle, not her vision. It's a lot to take in, but we're taking it one step at a time right now.

awww poor baby, tests are never fun. Hope the glasses work but trust your mommy gut. Definitely think its good to build a relationship with your doctor. Hugs to little Natalie!
ReplyDelete